Sunday, June 12, 2011

5 Months Old

Every month on the twelfth, I take photos of Elliott lying beside his Sophie (his friend toy). At first I took them every week but as I got busier and the weeks started to fly by I reverted to once a month. Now it's amazing to see how much Elliott has grown. As my lovely sister pointed out to me, Sophie looks like a different (much bigger!) toy in the first photos.

Amazing things Elliott has done this month:
Started sleeping for 12 hours at night.
Laughing out load on his own with his friends toys.
Pulling his legs up to his chest and looking at his feet.
Staring at his hands and playing with them.

This is definitely my favourite age so far. Elliott's little personality is really starting to show and being a mommy starting to feel a bit more natural. I have to concentrate less on his routine because I know it well and so I'm getting more done when Elliott is down for a nap.

Yesterday I went for a run, my only real exercise in five months. FIVE MONTHS! I almost died and didn't even run for the whole thing but it felt great to be doing something. I'm already looking forward to getting rid of my last bit of baby weight and fitting into the rest of my clothes. Today I was talking to my amazing best friend about how we both look back at ourselves in certain photos and think, "Wow, I looked great!" but how at the time we didn't appreciate it at all. I'm sure one day when I'm old, grey, fatter, saggy and...old, I'll look back on photos of myself now and think that I looked great. I don't want to spend my whole life unsatisfied with the way I look. Girls thinking they look terrible gets boring and old after a while. Read this yesterday, "...we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do". That word 'workmanship' can be interchanged with the phrase 'work of art'. I am God's work of art. So as well as working on how I look on I'm going to work on how I feel because feeling like a work of art sounds pretty freaking great!

Here are photos from Elliott's five month photo shoot.











No comments:

Post a Comment