Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Jab Day

Elliott got his four month vaccines today.(Yes. A month late. Mommy fail.) Like most, non-sadistic parents, I don't look forward to Elliott getting his jabs. Not one bit. I was pretty stressed about it yesterday and was even finding it hard to sleep last night. So there's me tossing and turning and sighing loudly instead of sleeping. My poor Hub finally asked me what I was thinking about and I told him. Since he wasn't sleeping anyway. Nothing to do with me at all.
He said that instead of feeling that it totally sucked that I was always the one who had to bring Elliott for his jabs (because the Hub is at work), maybe I should focus on how cool it is that I have the chance to care for and comfort him in that unique way.
You see Elliott doesn't really cry that much. He fusses and gets cranky every now and then, but it's been a long time since I've heard him properly cry. And when my husband said that initially I was like, "Pfft, easy for you to say, you don't have to hold him down while the evil Dr stabs him with a huge, sharp, metal instrument!!".  But then today after Elliott got his jabs (and survived, shock!) and feel asleep on my chest while he was in his carrier, I remembered Hub's words and thought there might be a teeney silver lining after all. (For the record, my Dr isn't actually one bit evil, he's really nice!)
This picture is of Elliott and I hanging out and being lazy when he was only a teeney month old baby. I love taking care of my boy x

No comments:

Post a Comment