Monday, August 29, 2011

Back to School

As I walked to the shops today with Elliott I met lots of kids in school uniforms. Is it really that time of year already? I guess with the weather being so cold this week I should have guessed but it still seemed almost inappropriate. As if all these small people had decided to simultaneously play dress up. That being said, there's also something about this time of year that I love. The new season, new leaf, another-chance, kind of feeling. Loads of new opportunities have come our way recently and it's got me really excited and motivated!

Speaking of new beginnings, I finally got around to getting my hair cut! My mother kindly took care of Elliott while I got pampered in the hair dressers. It was bliss. I know, I should have taken a before photo but trust me my hair was VERY long. Possibly the longest I've ever had it. It was just a bit below my shoulder blades, which sounds beautiful but it wasn't. It was thin and limp and almost, always tied into a bun as a result. I love the new cut, fingers crossed it's low maintenance. Low as in, turn your head upside down and blow dry it, because that's all it's getting!

Weightwatchers is going great! Thanks to everyone who commented and encouraged me. It's great to see lots of other people getting healthy and feeling better about themselves.This week was definitely harder than last. I got comfy knowing that I had lost a couple pounds so I wasn't as strict mentally. Then I went to a friend's babyshower where there were lots and LOTS of delicious, sweet things. I started well with fruit but then had a small nibble of something which led to a bite of about...four buns. Booo! My one encouragement was that I have been doing really well before and since. If it had been last month I would have already devoured a mars bar or two before I had arrived at the party, so I'm staying positive.

For two days in a row now I have run 3.4km. Not walk-run-walk, just run-run-run! Even more excited than having done it is that I ENJOYED it!!!! Any other time I have ever gone running it has been torture but this time I took it reeeeally slowly and enjoyed it.

What about you? Is anyone else out there motivated by this back to school feeling?

Have a lovely day x

Some photos from our weekend...
New hair, squinting in the sun!

new shoes

my faveourite bag

amazing apple trees in our garden

yummy porridge with banana and blueberries (3PP's)


My sweet boy

No comments:

Post a Comment