Saturday, August 20, 2011

Ode to Yellow

I love {everything} in this etsy shop

When I was a teenager, for a long time my favourite colour was black. Which ironically isn't actually a colour but the absence of all colour. That kind of sums up my taste as a teen haha. Then at some stage red became my new black. I love all things red (as in fire engine red) and shiny! I have so many red clothes and accessories and even things for our home.

But then something strange happened. Something crazy bright and sunny and not very 'me' at all. I fell in love with the colour yellow! There's a lot of yellow in Elliott's nursery so maybe I can blame it on having a baby. Having said that I was almost put off yellow for life after all the lemon coloured "gender-neutral" clothes Elliott wore as a newborn. Yeah, gender neutral if you're a girl. What were we thinking, eeek!

As you can see I've been working on my blog header and changing it around a bit. This will do for now, I love the photo and the colours, but I think it might be changing again soon. I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to photo editing, design and things like that.
So here is my ode to yellow, a lovely little collection of beautiful yellow lovelies from around the world.
What about you, my lovely readers? What is your favourite colour?

Amazing photography, from here



Boy yellow from old navy                         
Tutorial to add some yellow to your home, from Design Sponge
I {love} birkies
From tumblr, re pinned by me



No comments:

Post a Comment