Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Real Life

I've been thinking about this little blog a bit recently and what I'd like it to be. It is primarily somewhere that I want to document my everyday life, to look back on in years to come. It's also a bit of a baby book for Elliott and a place to write about all his little milestones.

You know, first time he peed in his own eye, first time we dropped him (joke!..that hasn't happened..yet) etc. I really do want to stay true to myself though and be honest. The monthly sophie photos are gorgeous but most of the time Elliott doesn't look so serene and the house is never as tidy as the clean blanket he's lying on.

In light of my new quest to keep it real I took some photos yesterday of everyday stuff. Some of my faveourite photographers, artists and poets are the ones who are able to make boring things seem amazingly beautiful and extraordinary. One day I'd love to be able to do that but for now here are some boring photos, ha.


yummy ingredients for Elliott's lunch
Elliott playing on the kitchen floor
Wind fall apples from our garden
Still in my PJ's in the afternoon

'Real' morning me! No makeup, messy hair, crooked glasses!


Beautiful roses from the garden!
Messy (but used!) craft space

More lovely roses


Dirty dishes. I hate washing up, enough said.

 I'm off to enjoy the lovely sunny day! They seem to be very rare this summer.

Have a lovely day!





1 comment:

  1. Well I think your fab and those photos are gorgeous xx ps this may say Amélie but it's actually me her Mum!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete