Monday, August 22, 2011

Ssssh

repinned here

Last week was pretty heavy. The Hub was working really hard and doing lots of overtime which meant I was doing a lot more house work, cooking and baby stuff than usual. Well, in theory anyway. To look at my house it certainly doesn't appear to have been worked on in a while. Elliott has also shortened both of his naps so that he is now sleeping just two ninety minutes naps a day eeeek! Just a few months ago he was sleeping six hours DURING THE DAY ALONE!!! Eh em...so, yeah I'm finding it the adjustment...testing.

So with The Hub/car/second pair of hands at work on Sunday, Elliott I didn't make it to church. I really missed seeing people and catching up. I missed the fun and the excitement but mostly I missed the chance to quieten my soul and spend some time focused on God. It's such a pity that God isn't everywhere and that I can't do just that at home on my own...Wait a second!?!

While Elliott rested his big, brown eyes for his afternoon slumber I too rested. I got cosy on our couch, sang my little thanks to God and then just sat there. Aware of him. Thinking about how he's got me covered, I don't have to worry. Then I was reminded of something. All week I could almost hear him whisper, "I love you. Not only that. I AM Love. Loving you isn't something I work hard at, it's part of who I AM". I needed to hear that and to know it.

During the week a girl I know said that she was on the way home from work when the taxi driver put on a song about how Jesus loves her. She was wrecked and some cheesy, country song was the last thing she wanted to hear. I get that. There's a lot of songs about Jesus that make my stomach churn with their samey chords, lyrics and cliches. What God spoke to me this week isn't like that song though.

God's Love is not an irritating song the wears you out and takes all the little bit of energy you have left after a long week. God's love changes everything. It changes who you are and how you feel. It effects how you see people, what you think of them and how you treat them. This week as God whispered to my soul, his Love changed how I saw myself and gave me courage that I am up to whatever task he sets before me.

I'm praying for you if you're reading this. (Yes, I pray! I'll post more about that again.) That you will know God's love. Not the cheesey, pukey, fake love that you think it is. I pray that you will rest and be reminded that you are loved with the kind of love that will change your world. His love is sweet and powerful, it's jealous for you, even furious. And I pray that you will find a quiet space in your day to experince it. Because when you experience the love of God, nothing will ever be the same again. It'll be so much better than you can even imagine.

Have a lovely day xx




2 comments:

  1. I never get tired of listening to Christian worship. I used to switch off mainstream radio a lot cos lots of the songs were just noise. But now I tune into Spirit fm 90.9 when in the car and enjoy singing along to 90% of the songs! My Christian walk can be fairly slow but my heart never tires of Jesus's love and promises.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Ciara - touching. x

    ReplyDelete